Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fruits of my labour...









Thought that I'd put my time and colours to good use and have thought of dabbling a bit in painting. Here are some of my recent attempts. Hope that I can improve by the end of the month ...and keep in touch once I start work.

When I draw or paint it reminds me of that part of my childhood which was spent in the company of poster colours, pastels....giving those art exams (had thoughts of being a commercial artist....) and participating in school art competitions. Its a pity I never did anything about it.....

Anyways a 2 hour art course in water colours and then a trip with S to an artshop to buy lots of painting stationary inspired me to start off a few months back. Now, after exhausting other avenues like reading and travelling am back to dabbling in water colours - thanks to some inspiration from S

What I like about the medium is the ease, the transperancy, time involved.

2 comments:

Inkk said...

oh ho!!

Very very pretty...

Please do not ever stop, once u join big bad world of consults....

V v nice.

Its been atleast 10 years since I touched watercolors..been using oil since forever now...now I am being inspired to try something in water :))

Dont stop ever...its wonderful. Keep it coming.

Inkk said...

also, loved the way you have captured shadows of the pears :)
v nice.